Almond - WDRA
Commodity Code - 325
Commodity Name - Almond (Badam) In shell
Commodity Scientific Name - Prunus dulcis
- It shall be the products obtained by drying sound, clean fruits and nuts of proper maturity.
- The product shall be free from mould, living / dead insects, insect fragments and rodent contamination.
- The product shall be uniform in colour with a pleasant taste and flavour characteristic of the fruit/ nut free from off flavour, mustiness, rancidity and evidence of fermentation.
- The product shall be free from added colouring.
The product shall conform to the following requirements:—
|(i)||Extraneous Vegetable matter (m/m)||Not more than 1.0 percent|
|(ii)||Damaged/ Discoloured units (m/m)||Not more than 2.0 percent|
|(iii)||Acidity of extracted fat expressed as oleic Acid|| |
Not more than 1.25 percent
Explanation - For the purpose of this paragraph –
- ‘Extraneous vegetable matter’ means stalks, pieces of shells, pits, fibre, peel;
- ‘Damaged or Discoloured’ means units affected by sunburn, scars mechanical injury, discolouration and insects.
Total Shelf Life - 12 Months
Initial Validity of e NWR – 6 Months
Extension of e NWR Validity - 3 Months
Number of Extensions - Two
Weight Tolerance - Loss or gain equivalent to 70% of the decrease or increase in the moisture content during storage